Investing in your future
Yusuf Osman, MBA
Senior Financial Advisor
I’m Yusuf Osman, an independent Financial Advisor with Argosy Securities Inc. in Ottawa. After emigrating from South Africa, I have lived in Ottawa for most of my life except for a brief stint at Queen's University in Kingston. My father was a Medical Doctor and my mother a Homemaker helping to raise me and my four siblings. As immigrants coming out of Apartheid South Africa, we experienced some difficult times and struggled to make ends meet.
As well, we had to adjust to a very different reality. I realized from a young age that successful planning and investing can provide a sense of peace, security and dignity. This inspired me to enter the financial services industry and help people just like my parents feel confident and secure in their financial situation. I committed my career to working with positive individuals who want to plan and invest for the long term. Over the past three decades, this goal has transformed into my life’s passion. Today, I remain committed to educating, engaging, and inspiring as many people as possible to take control of their finances. I am also not one to stand still – I constantly strive to improve the services and processes that I bring to bear on their financial and life plans. I enjoy building close and long-lasting relationships with my clients. It’s my privilege to help clients on their journey of life and to celebrate their successes with them.
How I Can Help You
More than Financial Advisors, we are wealth partners. We develop a dynamic relationship with each client - one that is centered on a highly personalized and disciplined approach to investing. In short, we start with your story... and plan your money around it.
We believe that it is important for you to understand how we came to our investment philosophy. So, here's our story:
Sitting in our boardroom over black coffee and bagels, we have had many a debate (some quite heated) on financial planning, investments and the financial services industry. We bandied about questions like:
- “What do investors thinks their Financial Advisors (FAs) do?” and "“What Should FAs be doing?”
- "Mutual Funds, Stocks, ETFs?”
- “Fundamental or Technical Analysis?”
- “Buy and Hold or Active Management?”
- "How often should we be talking to our clients?"
- “Sesame or Raisin Bagels?”
These discussions, and the research that followed, shaped our principles and resulted in...
The 6 Reasons You Should Consider Working With Us:
1. Unlike many in our industry, the size of your portfolio does not dictate the service that you will receive. All Canadians should have access to expert financial advice and deserve the full attention of a caring Advisor. Not only at RRSP season...
2. We are independent and beholden to no one, except you. No quotas, no dictates as to what we should be offering our clients, no conflicts of interest whatsoever.
3. Our financial plans are based on sound business planning principles - plan, implement, review, adjust.
4. We don't blindly follow a "Buy and Hold" strategy. Instead, using Technical and Trend Analysis, we try to identify a good time to enter (and exit) an investment or market. Most important, when NOT to buy.
5. We provide a fresh perspective to Retirement and Estate Planning. One that should allow you to retire earlier and more comfortably. All the while ensuring that your children, grandchildren (charities, maybe) are also cared for.
6. Finally, we provide a level of service and communication with our clients that is second-to-none.
So, we drink more coffee and eat more bagels, look at more charts, subscribe to more tools, communicate more with our clients, agree (and disagree) more than most in the business. But that’s okay, because it serves to keep us focused on our job – helping you realize your dreams.
The Right "Fit"
We are selective in establishing new client relationships so that we can focus our attention and resources on you without compromising the quality of our services. We also know that in order for an ideal wealth partnership to work, the right “fit” is necessary. We find that our clients generally share these characteristics:
They understand the value of working with a partner – someone with whom they can develop a dynamic relationship to build and preserve wealth.
They share our investment philosophy – one based on a highly personalized and disciplined approach to investing . And they understand the value in a dynamic approach that responds to changing market conditions.
They have the capacity, commitment and discipline to set and meet meaningful financial goals.
They are passionate about their lives and are people with whom we enjoy spending time.
Does this sounds like you? If so, we'd love to hear from you.
Get in Touch
We find no greater satisfaction than in helping our clients live the lives they’ve imagined.
We invite you to contact us to learn more about our unique approach to service, communication and wealth management.
Tel: (613) 230-5895
238 Argyle Ave, Ottawa, ON K2P 1B9